Places

Homes Current

10322 Lake Shore Boulevard

Plat No. 631-15-024
Sublot 16 in the Haldeman Patton Allotment
10322 Lake Shore Boulevard
10322 Lake Shore Boulevard

Charles and Fredricka Pratt acquired the property from Mary Dwight D. Haldeman on June 18, 1907, and built a Stick Victorian home with notched and rounded siding. The stick refers to the large, straight pieces of wood siding designating the levels of the floors, and the notched and rounded siding was a popular treatment in the late 1800s.

John and Catherine Massimiani acquired the home from Charles Pratt on August 16, 1947.

George and Agnes Walsh acquired the home on January 26, 1948

Richard and Elarka Hakanson acquired the home on February 8, 1949. Mr. Hakanson made good use of the five garages on the property to house his antique cars.

Jami and Margaret (Peggy) O’Rourke acquired the home on June 15, 1983. The O’Rourkes embarked on a two-year plan for restoration of the home.

The exterior renovation was a laborious process described as corn-cob and sand-blasting to remove the asphalt siding and produce the original Stick Victorian residence with notched and rounded siding. The stick refers to the large, straight pieces of wood siding designating the levels of the floors, and the notched and rounded siding that was a special treatment popular in the late 1800s.

Paint for the exterior, including the graceful wooden swallows that bedeck the roof, became an authentic mixture of five colors to create a landmark Victorian vintage. Three old fireplaces were repaired.

The second floor features a large, master bedroom with its own fireplace. One of the other three bedrooms served as a guest room. The O’Rourke children occupied rooms overlooking Lake Shore Boulevard with one taking over the charming turret room.

Inside restoration included a first-floor music room, living and dining area enhanced with stain glass and handsome fixtures, and an all-new kitchen, adhering to the Victorian décor.

Robert and Nancy Laura Bien acquired the home on July 17, 1990.

Thomas and Therese Kastelic acquired the home on January 29, 1993.