Max McMurray - General Manager of M. A. Hanna Company
12521 Lake Shore Boulevard
Max McMurray was elected to the Bratenahl Village council in November 1916 and served from 1917 through 1920.
Max McMurray was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, to J. H. and Elizabeth McMurray. He started his career with the Illinois Steel Co. at the South Works in October 1890; became assistant general superintendent of the Joliet Works in 1896; made general superintendent of the Newburgh Works, American Steel and Wire Company in 1900; became associated with M. A. Hanna Company in 1904 as general manager of blast furnaces. He was also general manager for the United Iron and Steel Company, Detroit Iron & Steel Company, and general manager and director of Penn Iron & Coal Co.
He was a member of the American Institute of Mining Engineers, a member of The Country, Hunt, Roadside, Tavern, and Union clubs along with the Detroit Club of Detroit, Michigan.