James Ferris - Secretary-Treasurer of Corrigan McKinney Steel Company
489 East 88th Street
James Ferris was elected to Bratenahl Village Council in 1920. He served for 16 years until his death in 1936
Ferris became secretary-treasurer of the Corrigan-McKinney Steel Company. Fredericka Ferris was one of the founders of the Cleveland Institute of Music in 1920. Seven students enrolled in the first institute at 3146 Euclid Avenue.
James Edward Ferris was born September 12, 1870, in Cleveland, Ohio to James Marion and Mary Ellen Ferris. He married Mary Fredericka Bailey who was born in 1871 in Hamilton County, Ohio to Daniel and Lucretia Bailey. Although her first name was Mary she was known as Fredericka.
James died February 27, 1936, of heart disease and lobar pneumonia that attacked his lungs. Although the U. S. Government had already acquired the Ferris home in 1956, Frederica continued to live in the house until her death on January 31, 1958. Both James and Frederica were buried in Lake View Cemetery.