354 Bratenahl Road
Plat No. 631-15-003
Suplots 10 and 11 in the Haldeman and Patton Allotment
James Thomson acquired the property on May 23, 1891, from James and Sarah Patton
Emilie Sanford acquired the property on November 14, 1904.
Charles Pratt acquired the property on July 8, 1915.
Robert and Edna Hickok acquired the property on September 24, 1918, and had their 2,800 square-foot home built. Although the architecture of the house was plain when compared to other houses of its age, it was extremely well built. All the basement walls and ceiling were finished with plaster.
There was a working water fountain in the yard to the south of the first-floor sunroom with goldfish swimming it during the warmer months. The first-floor sunroom was used as an extension of the dining room.
The three-car garage, built with the house, had two rooms on the second floor that were used for guests. Both floors of the garage had plaster finished walls. Each room had a dormer. A greenhouse was attached to the south side of the garage. The garage had electric, water, and gas utilities.
A wall bordered the property to the north that surrounded the Strong home at 10494 Lake Shore Boulevard.
Harold and Geneva Seitz acquired the home on March 21, 1963.
Daniel and Mary McGuire acquired the home on September 15, 1969, and moved in with their two children. Mary’s mother, Maia Valentin, also joined the family and lived with them until her death in June 1992.