12821 Lake Shore Boulevard
Plat No. 631-09-005
Sublot 4 in the Stackpole and Osborn Subdivision
Henry and Lizzie Parsons acquired the property from J. T. and Annie Brooks on November 13, 1891
James and Emma Dempsey acquired the property on September 23, 1902.
John and Jeannette Dempsey acquired the middle part of subplot four from John’s brother, Ernest, on February 16, 1929. They built a 5,100 square-foot home in 1930 situated on the two-acre lot and featuring seven bedrooms and four and a half bathrooms.
In 1962, a CBS-TV production crew came to the home to film an episode from the TV program “Route 66”. The show premiered on CBS on October 7, 1960, and ran until March 20, 1964, for a total of 116 episodes. The show followed two young men traversing the United States in a Chevrolet Corvette and the events and consequences surrounding their journeys. Two other episodes were filmed at 12611 and 12725 Lake Shore Boulevard.