193 Bratenahl Road
Plat No. 631-04-001
Henry and Eliza Clark built an exquisite country place at the foot of Doan Street (East 105th Street then Bratenahl Road) in 1862. Their city home was located at 2808 Euclid Avenue.
The Clarks' property featured an ornate Federal Italianate style mansion, a carriage house, stables, and even a water tower. The landscape featured a winding driveway through a wooded area, vast green spaces, and lush gardens. The house included gaily striped awnings and vaguely Italianate ornamentation.
For a time, the section of Doan Street extending north of the railroad tracks to where the turreted structure stood was called Clark Avenue.
The home was demolished in 1893 by Frank & Sarah Robison to make way for their new home, "Villa Hedges."