193 Bratenahl Road "Villa Hedges"
Plat No. 631-04-001
Frank de Hass and Sarah Robison acquired the 19.34-acre property at the end of East 105th Street as their summer home from Martin Stanford Robison on November 11, 1893. The grand view of the lake likely closed the deal. They demolished the home of Henry and Eliza Clark to build their summer home.
The estate, including a water tower, carriage house and stables was one of the largest in the area. California privet hedges planted in front of the carriage house and stables and along the bank of the lake gave the name Villa Hedges. The gracious home with its beautiful gardens provided an ideal setting for entertaining friends and associates.
The home was demolished in 1915 to build Sophia Taylor’s Lakehurst.