17 East Hanna Lane (11801 Lake Shore Boulevard)
Plat No. 631-07-004
The home is listed in the Ohio Historic Inventory
Abram Garfield designed the 11,500 square-foot carriage house and stable for the Ireland manor at 11801 Lake Shore Boulevard in 1908. It was built directly on the Lake Shore Boulevard. The two-story, U-shape, brick Tudor style building had a symmetrical façade with a low wall flanking a central arched opening. An interior brick-paved courtyard featured several arched bays. The architectural detailing included stone trim, narrow, double-hung windows, hipped roof dormers, and a slate roof.
Karl Beckwith Britton, Brigham’s half-brother, was listed in the “Cleveland Blue Book 1948” as living in the home. Karl died in 1949.
Newport North Shore Development (Domo Corp General Partner) acquired the property on December 9, 1992, from the estate of Gertrude Haskell Britton. The home became part of the 75-acre Newport Harbor development with a new address of 17 East Hanna Lane.
11801 Properties LLC acquired the home on February 17, 1993.
11801 Partners acquired the home on April 28, 1993.
Brian Garson acquired the home on January 31, 2001.
Eric Beck and Alexander Venizelos acquired the home on March 16, 2018.