10317 Brighton Road
Plat No. 631-15-019
Sublot 16 in the Haldeman & Patton Allotment
Mason and Ethel McLaughlin acquired the home from James and Sarah Patton on April 30, 1912. The 2,600 square-foot house on .26 acres is a perfect example of Eclectic Colonial revival with a strong Queen Anne influence. This style of architecture was imported in the 1870s by the British for the international exhibition in Philadelphia and first became popular on the east coast. The home has four bedrooms, three full bathrooms, and one-half bathroom.
Additions were added to the home about 1915. There were five rooms and a reception hall on the first floor and an attached garage. The 15- foot by 27-foot living room was located across the rear and a smaller 14- foot by 14-foot music room in the front. There was a dining room, a kitchen, a breakfast room, and a cold room.
The second floor contained three large, one medium and one small bedroom. A large storage space was on the third floor.
Richard and Eleanor Ziezing acquired the home on July 23, 1923.
Joshua and Fredericka Waterworth acquired the home on July 1, 1926.
Charles and Jacqueline Horn acquired the home on July 15, 1976.
Gregory Holmes and Elsie Day acquired the home on June 20, 1986.
Benjamin Malbasa acquired the home on May 16, 2005.
Jennifer Polomis acquired the home on July 25, 2008.
Jennifer Mackey acquired the home on January 22, 2013.
Meagan Ruhlman and Jason Cross acquired the home on February 13, 2017.