10207 Lake Shore Boulevard
Plat No. 631-03-002
sublot 4 in the Haldeman & Patton Allotment
Edward and Mary Foote acquired 1.7 acres on February 4, 1904, from Dwight and Marian Haldeman who built a 5,400 square-foot English Cottage. A gracious foyer led to a formal living room and library. There were five bedrooms and 4-1/2 bathrooms. The kitchen had several places surrounding it that served as a butler’s pantry, ice storage, laundry room, etc.
Edwin and Francis Moreland acquired the home on October 27, 1945.
David and Ann Dornback acquired the home on October 19, 1955.
James and Paula Kavel acquired the home on October 6, 1978. The Kavels redesigned a modern kitchen, making it look like it had been there for a long time. The renovation first required structural re-design to open up the area by removing the walls of the smaller rooms adjacent to the kitchen. The kitchen had an Old World look, with Tuscan tones and Italian influence.
The dining room and library had beautiful dark wood paneling that carried through into the kitchen, but in lighter tones like maple and white oak, providing a warmer feeling. Extra-deep wooden moldings, hardwood flooring, bowed windows and counters, a wooden arch over the kitchen sink that matched another one on the first floor, beadboard paneling, and furniture-like cabinetry was in the kitchen.
A six-foot addition at the back of the house provided more space for a new dining area within the kitchen, providing an unobstructed view of the lake through a large bow window.
Mason and Judith Antwerp acquired the home on February 2, 2009.
James Goldsmith, a trustee, acquired the home on July 30, 2015.
Christine Myeroff acquired the home on October 18, 2017.